About this webinar
This presenter always believed that life happens outdoors and this is why he left the oil industry to start his adventure tourism company. Despite the fact that he did create a company in the tourism field, one of their core values is human development, they use the outdoors as a tool to help people understand the concept of having a goal and achieving it. They achieve this goal by providing a platform of discipline and camaraderie in a fun and exciting way.
They created a program that focuses on how they can develop the individual by providing a unique adventurous experiences with a focus on the following five elements:
1. You Can Do It – Independence and leadership development.
2. Being Prepared – The importance of safety outdoors (proper equipment, time and energy management).
3. One Team- The importance of team work.
4. Love Your Land – An introduction to nature, regional geology and archeology in a fun and simple way.
5. On Time – Discipline and time keeping, through practical day to day activities.
In 2018, they conducted the first two week accredited field session for King Fahd University for Petroleum and Minerals with more than 50 faculty and students. The outcome was excellent and the results exceeded expectations, which led to the second accredited field session of more than 70 students and faculty in 2019. Husaak Adventures are aiming now to make this available for other universities in the region, whether it is in the field of engineering, earth science or art. The impact of this program is beyond a certain discipline and must be experienced by any group of young students as part of life development skills.